WECOME TO MY MIND.
Aspired horror/gore and morbid art photographer. Self-taught aspired MUA/ SFX MUA.

Wednesday 21 November 2012

Corpse Paint Shoot!

Tuesday 20th November 2012

Plans for the shoot...

Ok, so today I am planning to get my friend Pandora and do her up in corpse paint and black metal fashion!  I am really excited for this shoot and am glad that I have finally found a willing model that will let me cover them in crazy makeup in college!

I think I am going to use the red background in the studio as I plan for her to be in only black and white (these colours are essential for the look, and are pretty much a 'black metal-heads' wear).  I also like what the colour red can suggest/ connote for the bakc ground such as danger, Satan/ the devil, blood, gore etc.

What I hope to achieve...

I am hoping to get a good selection of shots from this shoot that show the dark side of black metal music.  I want the photos too look 'scary' in a way, but mostly I want them to focus on the corpse paint and the black metal aspect (most people find this kind of thing 'scary' anyway).  I am hoping to get be able to get my model to really push the emotion out in the look and capture this in the photo.  I want it too look passionate in terms of the black metal culture.

What I actually achieved...

That was one of the most enjoyable shoots I have ever done!  I really enojyed working with a friend and this made me more passionate about my work.  I am also really happy with the photos too.

Admittedly I did have some struggles in the studio at first with the camera and the flash, but I was soon able to sort this out.  And something that I have learned is that when doing a shoot like this I must be very respectful of the person in front of the camera and make them feel comfortable and not pressured.  I don't like being in front of the camera myself and I must remember this when shooting others.

Here are some of my best photos from this shoot...


I love this photo! - I really like the seriousness and the way that Pandora is the main subject here.  You can really see the paint and I love the way everything is contrasting with the background.  I think this looks like a real black metal-head with the serious, almost subtly threatening look.









Another shot I absolutly love! I really like this one for the expression and the way everything looks so "I don't care" with the messy hair and the way the pose it pushed toward the camera.  I like the way I stepped forward into this shot and the way Pandora pushed her upper body out accentuate this - I think it adds to the "threatening" side of the look and the whole "individualiy stand".  I also like the light here and the way the shadows fall on her arms - it's like all light in the foreground on her face and neck, but her arms are going down into shadow.  I like this effect and think it adds to the look.











I really like this photo alot! - apart from all the shadows! The pose and energy is perfect and I love the whole crazy thing that's going on here, but the shadows just sort of spoil it!

I think with the shadows there is too much black and darkness in the photo - it really needed that red background and it is a shame so many shadows were cast.

I really struggled to minimise the shadows in these full body shots and it is something I will be more wary of in future shoots.









 
 Fianlly, I really like these two shots.  I like them because they are different and I like the angle at which her face is.  I also like the feel and emotion these photos have - they are slightly softer and this contrasts with the makeup/ look and idea of the shoot.









What I am going to do next...

This shoot has given some inspiration to look at other exstream sterotypes in music and fashion.

It has also made me think about doing something like a "Corpse Bride" shoot or even doing a shoot with a corpse (obviously not a real one) but this is something I would like to have a think on and plan out.

 
(MASSIVE thank you to Pandora for modeling for me in this shoot! xxx)

No comments:

Post a Comment