WECOME TO MY MIND.
Aspired horror/gore and morbid art photographer. Self-taught aspired MUA/ SFX MUA.

Thursday 15 November 2012

"Dead Doll Shoot"

Tuesday 13th November 2012

Plans for the shoot...

For today's shoot, I am hoping to be able to do a shoot in the studio in which I will be dressed up as some kind of "dead doll" using SFX makeup.  I want to capture an array of different shots in which I will capture the character I create in weird, almost broken positions (as if the strings on a marionette doll have been cut).  I want to capture the creepiness and the eeriness in the shot through the makeup and facial expressions I chose to do.

This shoot is an developed idea of the shoot that I did previously in which I hung some dolls and then myself - not literally.

What I hope to achieve...

The thing I want to achieve most in this shoot is a really creepy photo - I want my work to be something different that will get people talking.

However, other than this I want to illustrate a message too (I don't just want it to be completely for fun and completely for the creepy photo).  Seeing as I originally got the the idea of this shoot through some old abandoned toy dolls I found in the studio, I think the message I am trying to get across is that childhood is dead - or over quickly.  Dolls, and other old toys like it, aren't appreciated as much as what they were with children growing up so quickly and with new technology, so I would like part of the shoot to reflect this too.

I also really want to make an animate out of some of photos and would to try and do this in this shoot.

What I actually achieved...

OK, that shoot was by far the best one I have done to date!  I had so much fun creating the character and shooting!

By the end of it I achieved a good range of photos that I am happy with.  I also feel by the end of it I am much more comfortable in the studio and about using myself in a shoot - something I hated the thought of doing before.

Here are a range of photo that I particularly like from the shoot.



This is probably my favourite shot of the day!  I like it as I think I have really captured the eerie and nightmarish look that I wanted.  I am also really happy that I chose to shoot on the blue background (originally I was going to shoot on the grey background) but seeing as I was wearing on black and white on the costume I really wanted it to stand out.  The only colour on the look was the pink on my lips and the SFX blood I used on the scars and these colours contrasted great against the blue background too.
















This is another photo that I really like as my body looks kind of broken like a marionette doll's strings have been cut.  I also like the way the creepiness is added with only my eyes directing the camera.  I would have liked to get some more photos in different poses like this, but I found it very difficult.






This is another photo I quite like.  I like this one as you can really see the makeup on my face the SXF scars/ cuts I created.  I think this is good as it highlights the main elements of the photo shoot.  I also like how my eyes look really glasses and doll-like here.  I would have liked to get some more shots of my face closer up so you could really see the makeup as this was one of the key things in the shot.  However, I like here how I have captured the outfit.















Finally, I used the following four shots to create the animation I made (see previous post).  I am really happy with the animation and would love to try out other things using this now!











What I am doing next...

I don't think I will develop this specific idea any further, however, I am definitely going to continue my shoots based around horror/gore ideas that have a deeper message.
I would really like to do something with corpse paint and sugar skull makeup and have ideas for these both.  I also want to do a shoot in which I cover myself in writing that has some kind of message about my views on society.

No comments:

Post a Comment