WECOME TO MY MIND.
Aspired horror/gore and morbid art photographer. Self-taught aspired MUA/ SFX MUA.

Friday 26 April 2013

Lost

Friday 26th April 2013

Plans for the shoot...

In today's shoot I am really going to be really looking to use some of my Photoshop skills.  I have fond a tutorial (see previous target post) about removing your face.  I thought this looked like something that I would like to try and incorporate into my own portfolio of 'issues', and apply it to the issue of feeling 'lost' or 'lost in yourself' etc.

I am planning to used the ring flash for this shoot as I am going to be working up close on the face and therefore the ring flash will give more flattering lighting that looks more professional.

What I am hoping to achieve...

From this shoot I basically just want to end up with a photo where the face of the subject has been removed.  I would like it to have some kind of creepiness or eeriness about it too.  I am hoping that from this shoot I will also have the opportunity to experiment with the face in other ways and rather than removing the face away altogether, move facial features around.

What I actually achieved...

I am happy with the work I achieved today.  Here is the finished shot:



The shot looks exactly how I envisioned and I think I have done a good job of making the removal of the face look professional and 'seamless'.  I think the photo has the slight eeriness about it that I wanted to as well.

Though I am happy with the shot, I encountered many different problems in making this and have found that practice at more Photoshop based pieces of work like this will benefit me - for example, I struggled loads when I was trying to blend all the skin in where the hair and fringe started and had to try about three different ways before I was able to get it right.


This next shot that I did was simply an experiment that I did.  I photographed myself with hands covering my mouth, and then photographed myself screaming at the camera.  I then took the mouth from the screaming photo and put them on my hands in this shot.  I am happy with outcome and this the shot looks quite fun and contemporary.

What I am going to do next...

I have really enjoyed doing more Photoshop based work today and think I would like to experiment and try out something else using the tools available on the programme.  I like the contrast I have seen in my work here today too compared to, perhaps, my usual style of photography, and this is something I would like to explore.


No comments:

Post a Comment