WECOME TO MY MIND.
Aspired horror/gore and morbid art photographer. Self-taught aspired MUA/ SFX MUA.

Friday 17 May 2013

Teenage Pregnancy

Friday 10th May 2013

Plans for the shoot...

I am going to be looking at the issue of teenage pregnancy in today's shoot.  I don't want to represent the shoot by showing an actual pregnant teen, but instead look at it from a slightly different angle.  I am planning on getting a model that I am going to write some of the statistics of teen pregnancies on her stomach.  I want the photo to end up looking very simple with the focus being on the stomach with the statics on written on it.

What I am hoping to achieve...

In today's shoot I am hoping to get a shot that gets across the message that I am trying to highlight.  I don't want there to but much else, if anything in the photo, so I am liking going to be cropping the final photo down as much as I can.  I also would like the photo to be desaturated a lot or in black and white as I think this brings out different emotions and gives different feel to the photo.

What I actually achieved...

Here is one of the shots from today's shoot - I didn't get much variation in today's shoot as it was so simple, but I am happy with the shots that I did get.


I love the positioning of the photo and the feel it has given off.  I like the effect that the desaturation of the photo has given off too - I think it changed the overall feel and message of the photo.  Though there is no eye contact from a subject present in this photo there is still full focus on the subjects stomach as the cropping is so tight.

I think looking back a the shoot I could have tried to add some more complexity to the shoot to get some more varied shots.

What I am going to do next...

I liked the simplicity of the shoot that I did today - I have definitely realised in today's shoot that I don't need to over complicate things to get a good photo.  I still think though that I am going into shoots with the mind set of knowing what I want and this distracts from me experimenting and getting more variation in my shots and being able to get a get unplanned photo.  This is something that I want to continue to work on in my next and future shoots,

No comments:

Post a Comment