WECOME TO MY MIND.
Aspired horror/gore and morbid art photographer. Self-taught aspired MUA/ SFX MUA.

Friday 22 February 2013

Domestic Abuse in Marriage...

Friday 22nd February 2013

Plans for the shoot...

For today's shoot I am going to be looking at the issue of domestic abuse in marriage.  I am going to use the significance of the wedding rings to highlight the connection my two models have in marriage, but then use makeup to 'beat up' my female model's face and this will accentuate the issue of domestic abuse.  I think this is an important issue to tackle as it is something that can be common these days but is unspoken.
I am thinking about using only one flash to create shadows and darkness too.  I am also look at shooting some shots in black and white, too, as I think black and white shots always hold more emotion.

What I hope to achieve...

From today's shoot I am hoping to get a set of photos that really display and show the emotional pain and hurt that some people experience in marriage.  I really want the rings to stand out and the bruises/cuts too... almost making my models secondary to the shot as I want all the main focus on these.

What I actually achieved...

I am relatively happy with today's shoot - I love the pose and expressions of my models and the way they marriage has been accentuate with the the rings, but as an error on my own part I don't think I chose my background well.  The white has ended up making it look overly posed and I don't think that it compliments my shoot well.

To make the images look better I desaturated them and darkened out the background a little, I am much happier with the two images below and love everything about them, though I think a darker background would have worked better.


I really like the expression here, and the way you can see the male model almost looming in the background.  The cuts here really stand out and the wedding rings are subtle but till play a dominate role in the photo which is what I was going for.  I did a gaussian blur in the backgound to get this effect and I think it has work well - I also really like the de-stauration I put on the image as this made the background darker too.



This photo has alot more focus on the issue itself, namely with the cuts and the rings.  I love the emotion in my models face and the pose.  I think the lightening is good, though I think I would have liked more shadow on the left side of the face.  I think the positioning of the hands has really played a key role in photo as it has really brought forward the marriage element.












What I am going to do next...

This shoot has really inspired to look at relationship issues from lots of different angles.  I am thinking about doing some shoots that aren't so obvious with what they are showing, and letting the person looking at the photo to link it to multipe problems in a relationship or even relate it back to themselves and a self expereience.

Thie kind of thing I am thinking of doing is to photograph a bride and groom wearing gas masks, as if suggesting that the marriage is dead, or struggling.  I also am egar to keep the violent element in this work and would like to photograph a couple look almost intimate, but really leaning in to hurt one another with a knife and gun.  These are shoots I will plan out and see what I can do with.

No comments:

Post a Comment