WECOME TO MY MIND.
Aspired horror/gore and morbid art photographer. Self-taught aspired MUA/ SFX MUA.

Friday 15 February 2013

Society's Impression

Friday 15th February 2013

Plans for the shoot...

So today, for varous reasons I am having to improvise a shoot and go into it totallu unplanned and be spontaneous! So today I have chosen to look at the issue of girls, and some boys too, feeling they need to wea makeup to be accepted in society. I though this would be a good shoot for me to do seeing as I wear so much makeup etc.

I am planning on doing the shoot so that I photograph myself multipe times in different positions holding various hair and beauty products to myself, then putting them all together in the end so to create and effect of my having multipe arms and holding all these products.  To do this I am going to use Photoshop and individually cut out my arms and place and merge them onto one photo.

What I hope to achieve...

I am hoping to get a photo that is well Photoshopped so it actually looks like I have more than two arms.  I want the work to look professional as the merging of the photos here is the most important part of the shoot.

What I actually achieved...

Here is the finished piece from today's shoot - I am actually really happy with how it has turned out, especially considering nothing was planned!




I encountered a couple of little problems with the final piecing together of this photo as when I took the starting photo I left one of my actual arms down by my side so I had to get rid of this to make the photo look better.  To do this I made a duplicate layer and then shifted the layers over each other till the arm was hidden; I then neatened it up using the eraser tool on Photoshop.

What I am going to do next...

As much as I enjoyed today's shoot I really want to be able to get some of my planned shoots done as soon as a convenient opportunity presents itself for my models to come in and help me.  I have enjoyed the Photoshopping elements of this work though and I might look to do something like this again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment