WECOME TO MY MIND.
Aspired horror/gore and morbid art photographer. Self-taught aspired MUA/ SFX MUA.

Tuesday 26 March 2013

Sexuality

Friday 15th March 2013

Plans for the shoot...

For today's shoot I am going to be look at the issue of sexuality.  I think that this is an important issue as it is something so common in today society yet something that I still feel is very unaccepted and one of the most discriminative subjects in society today.

My plans for this shoot will include me taking a male model and simply photographing them with 'I LIKE MEN' on there chest - to emphasise the point that it is something that people feel so strongly about yet don't really talk about, I am going to make it look like it is cut into his chest using makeup and effects on Photoshop.  I am going to be using th grey background for this shoot.

What I am hoping to achieve...

From today's shoot I am really hoping to highlight the issue in a light that shows the hurt and anger of people that have the same sex orientation and how society has shaped this by being so unaccepting.  The shoot is really quite simple, so I am really looking to bring out the emotion through my model and his connection with the camera.
What I actually achieved...

I am happy with today's shoot, though I got some different shots to that I was imagning in my head.  I really like them, but rather than making sure my model was all connected with the camera so to bring the emotion out in his eyes and facial expression, it turned out that during the shoot it actully worked better when his was 'disconected' from the camera and not looking at it.  Here are some of the shots:


I like this shot as I think the pose it rather unusal.  I really love how the red is standing out so much with all the other colours in the photo being neutral and harmonious.  The positioning of the photo is something I quite like too - I like the way it is off-centre.



This next photo I am not so sure about - I love somethings about it and am unsure about others. 


I really love the pose and the off-centre positioning of the photo again.  However, I think though the pose is really good, the accentuation on the 'writing' on his chest is lost slightly and more focus is brought to the subjects face as he is making the connection to the camera - nevertheless, I am not sure that this expression is quite the right one for getting across the issue I was trying to in the way I was trying to (I think it looks a little too moody).  I should have specifed more accurately to my model that I was after a more emotional shot.






This my favourite shot from today.  I love the pose of the subject and how it has really made the 'writing' on his chest stand out and get the message I wanted to accross.  I really like how he is looking down and away from the camera - it makes the shot really emoitonal as my model looks sad but also like he is ashamed of his sexuality.  This is what I stated at the begining about how society has shaped this and this is what I wasnted to get accross in a photo.
What I am going to do next...

I really like how these shots were simple and yet they still made an impact.  I loved how all the colours were neutral yet the red stood out so well in the photo making the point I was trying to get accross stand out more.  This has made me think about how I can use colour more in another shoot to get an issue accross and make it stand out in a photo.

I also loved the unique range of poses I had with my model this time and this is something that I am going explore in other shoots.

As always thank you to my wonderful model, Paul!

No comments:

Post a Comment