WECOME TO MY MIND.
Aspired horror/gore and morbid art photographer. Self-taught aspired MUA/ SFX MUA.

Saturday 8 December 2012

Blood Stained Valentine

Tuesday 4th Decemeber 2012

Plans for the shoot...

Okay, so this shoot idea has been inspired by my previous sugar skull shoot - I liked the whole 'love is dead' etc. theme. 
In this shoot I plan to make it much more gorey though! I am planning on getting a REAL pigs heart, or any type of similar animal and making it look like I have had my heart ripped out. I am also going to create a bakcground that is white and covered in blood splats.  I am really looking forward to this shoot!
Because I cannot get a model for this shoot, I plan to do it myself - however, because I am goign to be COVERED in blood and stuff, I am going to get a a friend to help me with my photos though I will be conducting and directing the entire shoot.

What I hope to achieve...

I am hoping to get some photos that can show the message I am getting across, that I guess is essentially about broken hearts and all that.  I want it again to be something rather contraversial though, as the gore element here is pretty dominate in the shoot.

What I actually achieved...

Today's shoot was so fun! However, one thing I definately didn't like about it was the whole 'directing' thing and not being about to use the camera myself.  I am in desparate need of willing models as this is something I would never do again.  I felt that I was checking every photo and just not happy during the shoot because I didn't physically push the button - I am also not the best of models and this made me more agitated.  Also, I smelled so bad after this shoot!

Still though, I am happy with the shoot - it was fun - and think I got some pretty good photos from it...


Here are three photos that I really liked form the shoot.  I like the different expressions and the different emtions they give. I like how in all of the there is the slightly werid element of it looking like I am enjoying the fact my heart has been ripped out.  I like how here the heart is seen as something for desire that can be hurt, and I think this gets across the whole heart broken, Valentines is dead theme in a more contraversial way.




 I really like the intensity in these photos and how they portray a different emotion to the rest.  They almost look angery and a little bit 'physco'.

















I love this photo alot! I like the focus on the heart and the way you can see the chest all ripped open or whatever.  I think this photo is more powerful than the rest and makes much more of a statement.  I also love the colour contrast here with the red and the white and the way you can really see the heart and that it is real.

















This photo looks threatening and it is very very different to the rest.  I like the connetion the eyes seem to have with the camera here and the focus this draws. 








This photo on the other hand is the complete opposite - it looks more hurt and 'innocent'.

I really love how in one shoot the angle and message I was going for has been brought out in so many different ways.






Finally there are these photos.  They look so creepy as if I am actually eating the heart.  There is some kind of defeatedness about the character here too that I think is because there is no contact with the eyes and the camera - the character here looks lost in its own world.  I like the way the heart is the main focus in these photos as this in accentuated here, I think, with the character looking weaker and more vunerable,as if the heart is drawing them in.


What I am going to do next...

I am not sure ifI am going to develop this idea any further.  However, this shoot has definately made me want to continue to go all out in my shoots and have no limits.  It has also made me realise how much I need more willing models to help me out with my shoots - this something I am going to get to work on asap!

No comments:

Post a Comment