WECOME TO MY MIND.
Aspired horror/gore and morbid art photographer. Self-taught aspired MUA/ SFX MUA.

Monday 17 December 2012

Half skin, half bones

Tuesday 11th Decemeber 2012

Plans for the shoot...

For today's shoot I am planning to do a makeup look in which the upper half of my face is done in 'flawless' full makeup, and the lower half of my face is done up like a skeleton which is divided by a cut in the middle of my face.  I think I am going to use the grey background for this shoot.

This shoot idea has simply insigated by the makeup look that I have thought up in my head, so I guess it holds no real message.  However, I think the look could be interpruated in many different ways and hold different messages to different people who look at it.  I like the thought of someone looking at my work, and even if it is only vague connection, they can relate it to themselves.  For example, I think that this shoot could be related to people not being able to speak out and have a say or voice their opinion, or if they do feel they are not being heard or something.  It could also relate to people with some kind of eating disorder (the fact I am making the entire mouth area look like bones) - these ideas might be far fetched, but who knows.

What I hope to achieve...

From this shoot I am hoping to get some photos that show the makeup well, but also show some kind of deep emotion in the eyes.  I really want the eyes of the subject to connect with the camera here - I think this will help the audience see a deeper side to the shoot and suggest that it could actually hold a deeper message to some people.

What I actually achieved...

I am really happy with how this shoot turned out.  I think the photos hold a deeper emotion in the eyes like I wanted, but at first glance look like I am just photographing makeup.  Here are some of my favourites...


I think this is my favourite photo.  I like how the shot is off center slightly, and how the strong pose contradicts the more vulnerable eyes.  I reallyl like the lightening and how the backgorund turned out in this shoot - I find the grey background works well with alot of my work.  The subject here is the focal point and the audience can really connnect with the character as they are looking straight into the camera - I think this helps to channel the emotion.




This is another photo thaI like that I think is very similar to the first photo.  I think the emotio in the eyes here is alot stronger, and the pose ever so slightly weak - I think the way the shoulder is exposed is making the character look more exposed and vulnerable.






I like the differences these two photos have in terms of emotion - the right one looks very distant and diconnected from the photo and the audience where was the one on the left is very enganging and the pose is forward and slightly leant toward the audience.

 I also tried out the blue backgorund for a couple shots to just to shee what it looked like.  I really like this too as it makes the makeup stand out more.  I also like the pose and positioning in this shot.








What I am going to do next...

From this shoot I have that I think I quite like working with photographing makeup (obviously I knew that anyways but yeah) but I like capturing the emotion and possible hidden message that a subject might hold.  This shoot has also inspired me too perhaps look a more skeleton related shoots.

No comments:

Post a Comment